Onward and upward!

Thank you for being part of our journey these 3 years! We've so appreciated all your kind words and visits. Onward and upward with our journey!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Free Falling


    Almost 3 weeks ago now I stood atop a cliff with my toes hanging over the edge.  Behind me a journey of steps sure and straight at times and wandering and faint at other times. But each with a forward purpose guided by a higher power.   As I lifted my head, I saw an endless horizon.  Far below, a bottom I couldn’t see or know what was waiting there. A breeze that was faint months before was now whistling past me lifting my hair in ever changing arcs around my head.  My heart, while racing a bit, was steady.  It was time, I was sure, to take the next step.  This one was to be a different from the ones behind me. This one was to be off the edge of the cliff.
    So step I did.  One last exhale and my finger pushed send launching the “I Have Something to Tell You” newsletter to your inboxes.  No returning to the ledge.  Trusting that this step was certain.  For the last 3 years, the My Toy Garden journey has felt one far beyond my doing on my own but one guided by a higher power.  As sure as I was to begin the journey, I am sure that the leap off of the cliff was the right step too.  A time to trust in a greater plan than I could ever make on my own.
    So now here I am….falling…falling…falling….  For days now….falling…. falling…  To my surprise though, I am calm.  I am peaceful.  I am happy.  I am not sure how this fall will end but I am sure that all will be as it is meant to be.  The picture of my nephew below has resonated in my thoughts.  I have felt since last October when I first listed the business for sale privately, that it will sell. That it will continue with a new owner who has the time and talent to maintain and take it to a new level.  To make the next dreams I have for it reality.  But who?  I can see the seeds that were strewn about years ago blossoming and growing into a beautiful garden.  In the center is something missing.  It’s time to find the centerpiece that will begin the next season of the store.  I need your help to find it.
     My business broker has met with a woman who would be a wonderful new toy lady.  She is someone who wants to keep the store as it is and sprinkle more seeds to grow it.  She is someone with the time, talent and enthusiasm to take over.  She is working on the financial pieces of it and that’s where you come in.  I feel that it’s not one person I’m looking for but two perhaps:  one to run the store and one to invest in the store.  I believe I have found one.  Now I need to find the other.  Who do you know that is ready to make a difference to families in the Carmel community and partner to keep it open? I feel it is one of you or someone you know that we are looking for.  Please share the press release below anywhere you can to help us find an investor or a new owner.  Time is running short as the shelves empty.  I suspect in another 2-3 weeks the shelves will be bare of almost.   All things truly are possible though.  I believe.  If you or anyone you know has questions, please let me know.
      I think I see the bottom coming clearer and my parachute beginning to open.  I’m looking.  I’m listening.  I’m trusting.  And praying.  What cliff are you standing at the edge of? Be brave.  Listen for guidance and if you hear that your next step  is to step off, then step off and know that you will be caught somehow, someway.  The way is not for you to know.  Trust.  Thank you for being part of this journey.  It’s going to be an interesting next few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment