Onward and upward!

Thank you for being part of our journey these 3 years! We've so appreciated all your kind words and visits. Onward and upward with our journey!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Flashlight in the Darkness


Dear My Toy Garden Friends,
Friday was the day the tears began and fell through the weekend. May 9th was a date I'd had in mind for weeks and weeks. On May 9th I'd know I'd told myself. On May 9th, I'd know what the next steps for My Toy Garden would be.
For months I've felt like I'm surrounded by pitch black darkness. The kind of darkness you can taste...that presses against your eyes in an invisible blindfold. In my hands is a small flashlight that shows me a tiny bit. Enough light to show me just one more step to take. I've been blindly following this path wondering where it will lead and trying hard not to worry. Trying hard to trust that His plan is always the best one. The post it on my desk says, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light onto my path." I've uttered it many times a day for the last few months.
My steps are quickening right now as I even more tightly focus on today and today alone. Friday, May 9th, came and went leaving me with the feeling that perhaps His plan is for the store to close. My Toy Garden was created in a whirl of magic that sparkled on it's walls for the last 3 years. Maybe, just maybe, the purpose for which it was created has been fulfilled. Tears flowed for four days as I struggled with wanting my plans to be THE plans in my constant battle for control. Perhaps you have those battles too?
Then at 4 pm yesterday a man came into the store. A man who had been here a month ago in the early stages of the clearance sale. A man who told me he had been planning to open a toy store in Fishers. "You know," he said. "I've been thinking. Rather than create a store from scratch, it might make lots more sense for me to look at buying this one." Um...yup! I totally agree!
So the conversations begin and my flashlight continues it's search one step at a time. In a blink that light can land on a pair of shoes that might, just might, allow the store to continue to on. There is still time for other pairs of shoes to step onto the path but not much. I plan to begin to sell the fixtures very soon. (If you have had your eye on any bookcases, tables or other pieces, they might be yours next week.) Now is the time to think who do you know that has had a dream to own a toy store? Invite them to contact me and we can chat. Today, today...where will my path lead to today... Thank you so much for being part of this journey! I will so miss the many conversations I've had with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment