Onward and upward!

Thank you for being part of our journey these 3 years! We've so appreciated all your kind words and visits. Onward and upward with our journey!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The 2 Most Powerful Words

"To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world." - author unknown

There are stories everyday of people who do amazing things that seem to defy the odds of success. Heros bigger than life and epic movie material. People who seem very different from ourselves. This week I want to share with you a way that you can make a huge difference in the lives of many in a very simple way. By using two simple words...powerful words.
These two words when used on a regular basis with a sincere intent can alter the path of someone you love dearly or someone you crossed paths with only briefly. The 2 most powerful words are.... I like.
I like your smile. I like the way you helped pick up the toys. I like how you always seem to call when I need you most. I like. Two words that can't help but make your shoulders relax and corners of your lips turn upward. Hearing them is great. Saying them is even better! As a society, our default setting seems to be one that seeks things to criticize. Why is that? Why are we more comforable with pointing out what is wrong with things or people? Why is our default not to seek the positives? The likes?
My Toy Garden is very proud to carry a book that I know carries magic in its pages. It's called The i like book. A simple yet beautifully done book that invites you to write one thing a day...a week...whenever...that you like about your child. Begin it anytime and make it part of your daily routine to remember, recognize and savor something positive about them. One sentence at a time....you can do it! It only takes a moment to make an impact for a lifetime! As the end of 12 months, you will have created a keepsake that will be treasured forever. Full of memories and laughter and love. I started one of these books each for my two miracles and love them! My oldest loves me to read to her what I wrote. I love being that kind of role model for her! One of the greatest parenting challenges we face these days is a disconnect with our children as life is so busy and they enter teenage years with electronic devices buzzing nearby. This book can be a bridge to strengthen that connection and help you both through the snare of challenges ahead.
What about your marriage? Is it work somedays? There is also an i like book for couples. It has turned out to be the best Christmas present for my husband ever! We both have already come to look forward to seeing what the other has written in our book. We all want to be liked. To have it written down? What a gift!

I believe in this book so strongly and that every family needs one for each child that I'm giving some away for free! Simply come to My Toy Garden and buy anything, anything for a Valentine in your life and be entered to win an i like book of your choice!

To take a peek inside the pages and see sample entries from others, please visit http://theilikebook.com/why-it-works

Playfully,
Toy Lady Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment