Onward and upward!

Thank you for being part of our journey these 3 years! We've so appreciated all your kind words and visits. Onward and upward with our journey!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A New Old Friend

One of the most exciting part of this new adventure is the major learning curve I'm in right now. There is so much to learn and I love it! My favorite way to gain knowledge is in talking with those who have walked the walk before me. Today was a delightful day in that I got to talk with a special man. He owned a toy store for 21 years and recently stepped away from it. For an hour I scribbled notes as he, like a gentle grandfather, took me under his wing and shared with me pearls of wisdom from his years doing what I want to be doing. What amazing gifts we have to share when we connect with one another! I'm so thankful for his time and his advice and look forward to talking with more toy retailers and other small business owners in the weeks ahead!

A shout out as well, I am beginning to look for a carpenter to help with the buildout of the store. If you know of someone who might enjoy working on this project with us, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment