Onward and upward!

Thank you for being part of our journey these 3 years! We've so appreciated all your kind words and visits. Onward and upward with our journey!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Have Something to Tell You


Dear My Toy Garden Friends,

      I have something to tell you.  Those words do have a way of knotting the stomaches of both the giver and the receiver, don't they?  For the giver who is about to deliver the news, the days tick by so very slowly as they ponder what words to use that can lesson the impact of what they are about to say.  An invisible weight tethered to their heart wishing there was another way.
   For the receiver, a day that is zipping right along comes to a sudden stop as their mind races wondering what, oh what, can the news be?  Their imaginations run wild imagining all of the worst things.  The moment their ears first hear those words, their pulse quickens.  Their eyes search the face of the giver searching for clues.  They breath in but not out.
   Well, My Toy Garden friends, I have something to tell you and today is the day.  Um, well...hmm....for once my fingers are at a standstill at the keyboard.  How do I explain?   Perhaps like a bandaid to just rip off?  Perhaps to slowly reveal what is behind the creaking door?
      Imagining, designing, breathing life into My Toy Garden has been a great joy.  For the past 3 years, I've challenged myself in so many ways and learned a few lifetimes of lessons along the way.   I truly feel that God led me to open the store and those steps were part of the plan for my life.   That path is taking a new direction now and I believe that My Toy Garden is not part of that direction going forward.
     A little over a year ago, I stepped back a bit from the business to spend more time with my growing miracles, Lily and Nicholas.  They were 1 and 4 when I opened the store. This month they turn 4 and 7.  Wow.  While I love My Toy Garden dearly,  I love my children more.   Try though I have to balance the store and motherhood, it's been very difficult.  When I look back at my life, I want to be more proud that I raised strong children rather than a strong toy store.
    So, what now?  Want to buy a toy store?!  I'll make you a deal!  Really.   My Toy Garden has been privately listed for sale since last October.  If you or someone you know wants to take the reins from here, now is your chance.  My Toy Garden has become a beloved place in the community and I would love to find someone to take over.  I so appreciate the many very kind comments you make about how much you love the store.  I'm so thankful to have been part of special family events in your life and to have donated to local charities and programs.  I know it's very sad news for many of you that My Toy Garden is likely to not be here much longer.   If taking over My Toy Garden is something you want to explore more, just let me know.  Soon though please.
      In order to enjoy the summer with Lily and Nicholas, my plans are to start clearing the shelves as of today.   (Most everything is officially 15% off now)  If a buyer comes forward great!  If not, then all will be okay too. Either way, I'm looking forward to more time with my children soon.  I am sorry to let any of you down in any way.  I do hope you know how much I have cherished your support and kind words.  I also hope you understand that I must put my children first.
    A few other things to note:
- Next Friday, will be the last story time at My Toy Garden.  We'll enjoy The Enormous Carrot and do a fun Easter craft.  All other story times are cancelled.
- Additional markdowns will be taken as we go along.  I would invite you to stop by often the next few weeks or join us on FB to get the latest news on that.  
- All fixtures and furniture are for sale.  If you don't see a price on something and you think you want it, just ask!
-  There will be two more Society for Young Magicians Meetings held here.  One tonight and one on Thurs., May 8  They normally take the summer off.  Stay tuned for new location info for the fall from them.
-  Have you enjoyed reading the newsletters?  I do enjoy writing and appreciate hearing that many of you enjoy reading what I wrote.  I plan to continue to write and will do so at my new blog at www.theoddmom.com.  Come Follow me there to get the newest posts!
- This step would not be possible without the blessings of Wildtree.  Many of you know that as passionate as I am about child development and play, I am also passionate about nutrition.  Direct sales has been part of my life for many years and I am loving being back and, this time, with a company committed to helping families learn how to put a healthy meal on the table fast and easy.  In just 8 months, I've double promoted to Senior Team Leader with Wildtree and earn enough to be able to meet the financial obligations of leaving the toy store. If you have a dream that you think is impossible, talk to me.  There might be ways you can't or have not seen just yet. Anything truly is possible!  My Wildtree website to go explore more is www.mywildtree.com/janetp
- Many of you have asked when the next Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop will be.  I've decided to host one last workshop at the store the end of May.  Let's do Get Your Grill On on Thurs., May 29 at 7 pm.   We'll get those freezers stocked and ready for summer before the kids are officially out of school!  See below for more details.
- Last, if the freezer meal workshop doesn't sound like the right fit for you right now, you can join in the Wildtree April Mystery Host Party happening right now until Sun., April 27.  Place an order online on my website under the Mystery Host Event and you could win all the free host credit that will be anywhere from $30 and up!  More info is found here.  

Whew, I think that's it....thank you so much for being part of this amazing journey!  I look forward to seeing you at least one more time and hopefully our paths will cross many more times in the months and years ahead.  It truly has been an honor to be part of your lives!
     
Sincerely,
Toylady Janet

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Janet. Your priorities and integrity and truth-telling. You are just the bombdiggity. Bless you my dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete