Onward and upward!

Thank you for being part of our journey these 3 years! We've so appreciated all your kind words and visits. Onward and upward with our journey!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

HAppiness HAppens

Dear My Toy Garden friends!

"When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-John Lennon

Ding dong! The door opens and another friend arrives at My Toy Garden. What brings them by today? Some do come by in a playful spirit and are ready to be happy and join in a bit of fun. A, perhaps surprising, number of people come not in a happy state of mind but come to be comforted...to seek information that may help...to cross off something on their busy to do list....to passify the curiousity of what is in store. One of the many things I love about watching the growth of My Toy Garden is that many of you have already come to understand that what we do is so much more that sell toys. This place was created to bring happiness to others! It is a place to connect, be inspired, learn and play. The staff is delightful in that they embrace with me that belief that everyone is welcome from the toddler emptying shelves to the grumpy senior who seems to have more on their mind than they need. Thank you for emracing this philosophy with us and making My Toy Garden a regular part of your lives!

HAppiness does HAppen and there are many things we can do to attract it to us. Which of the following do you already do? Which one will you try next?

- Learn Something New - Exploring a new skill can uncover talents you didn't realize you had and create happiness. (This, by they way, is why My Toy Garden is laid out in the 7 Pathways of Wonder.)

- Participate in a Hobby - What do you like to do? Do you make time to do it? Doing a hobby with a group of like minded individuals is extra happiness points!

- Beat the staff on a My Toy Garden Game Night and win a gift certificate - Every Friday night from 5:30 - 7 pm!

- Be Totally Present - Stop, look and listen...what sounds are around you? What colors? What textures? What smells? Take two quick minutes to enjoy your surroundings will boost your sense of happiness!

- Connect with Nature - Feel the sunshine. Pick a flower. Hug a tree. Go for a walk. A good dose of nature on a regular basis will life your mood guaranteed!

- Come to My Toy Garden Storytime held once a week for preschoolers. See calendar below and on the store website.

- Use Music - Music is known to have the power to change moods and is an excellent stress reliever. Listen to this one and be happy!

- Incorporate Laughter - Laugher enhances immunity and prolongs life. Learn some jokes. Watch a funny video clip. Just don't drink soda at the same time. That hurts.

- Do Something Nice for Someone Else Just Because - Hold a door open. Hide chocolate in the neighbor's mailbox. Put a flower on a coworker's desk. Smile at a stranger. Watch your smile grow!

- Make a Birthday Bucket at My Toy Garden. Help the birthday child pack that crate with fun things making life easier for friends, family AND you! Bonus happy points is all the gifts go to charity!


(Thank you to Dick Guernsey for the HAppiness HAppens inspiration!)

Playfully,
Toylady Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment